Follow this recipe for the most amazing crisp-tender chicken with a honey garlic sauce that is out of this world. So good, you’ll want to use this sauce on everything!
Honey Garlic Chicken
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup plain flour
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
500gm boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut crosswise in half
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 large eggs, beaten
For the Honey Garlic Sauce
1/2 cup honey, or more, to taste
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1. In a medium saucepan over medium high heat, combine honey, garlic and soy sauce.
2. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and 1/4 cup water. Stir mixture into the saucepan until thickened, about 1-2 minutes; set aside.
3. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
4. In a large bowl, combine flour, thyme, oregano, paprika and cayenne pepper.
5. Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Working one at a time, dredge chicken in flour mixture, dip into eggs, then dredge in flour mixture again, pressing to coat.
6. Working in batches, add chicken to the skillet, 2 or 3 at a time, and cook until evenly golden and crispy, about 3-4 minutes on each side.
7. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
Serve immediately with honey garlic sauce.